Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Detox Pathways



I'm going to get deeper into working on our detox pathways. This is just some of the reason why. Our culture has programmed us to treat symptoms instead of exploring why we're experiencing something (headache, nausea, fatigue, etc). What a disservice to prescribe a pill to mask a message that our body is trying to send us!

I've accepted that while I appear healthy (don't get sick often, trim build, etc) that I must have underlying issues to have birthed a child with bloody diapers, rashes, multiple allergies, reacted to *my milk*. Perhaps I had leaky gut but it healed in the 15 months following giving birth that I was on an elimination diet and taking probiotics, and getting away from processed foods. Perhaps that's why my second child was born without any of these issues. Even if I have healed myself shouldn't we all be making a life long effort to keeping our systems clear of chemicals and heavy metals? We can't control a lot of things about our environment but I won't stand by and accept that I can't do anything about it....we still have access to tools that can help our bodies along the way and give us fuller, richer, happier, healthier lives....not to mention the difference it will make for our children and grandchildren. Empowering isn't it!?

No comments:

Post a Comment