Friday, January 1, 2010

An "all about food" entry!



This morning we had a first. We had a family pancake breakfast, we all ate the same thing, and we all liked it! I found a gluten free pancake mix and used a water/ground flax seed combo as an egg replacer. The pancakes were great! Jack ate four and a half of them! We felt so.....normal !!


The buckwheat noodles are a huge success and I made them the other night in bone broth rather than water. I scooped the noodles out of the broth and onto a plate and Jack ate them up (see video) and the small amount of broth left in the pot had thickened up from the starch of the noodles into a lovely gravy that I poured over rice for him the next day! I was so proud of the meal and not wasting any of my precious bone broth....Justin commented "you're like a Native American!!".



video


I made the switch from coffee (and all other caffeine) to Dandy Blend and have been using coconut milk vanilla creamer.....SO YUM! And I'm surviving without the buzz and can drink it without guilt or checking the clock to see if it's going to keep me up at night. I'm diggin' it.


Made a chicken salad using smashed avocado, olive oil, salt and pepper, in place of mayonaise. Was using vegenaise before but am avoiding soy (unless fermented) based on principle. The avocado was way better anyway. Just mixed in some shredded chicken and threw it over baby greens, kalamata olives, and balsalmic.


Hope everyone is having a wonderful New Year's Day! We have a lot to look forward to in 2010 !!

No comments:

Post a Comment