Monday, May 10, 2010

Reacting


Jack's reacting to something. Of course it's a mystery, the clues are leading me nowhere. Friday afternoon I took the boys shopping and when I pulled Jack out of the kids cart seat I noticed some remanence of trail mix, slivers of almonds, oat bits, etc. Crap. I washed his hands and hoped for the best. Saturday morning he had a funky poop and late in the evening his behavior was a little off but I figured he was just tired. Then he had a gnarly poop. Sunday his behavior was WAY off. Anxiety like we haven't seen in a very long time. We took him for a hair cut and he cried the whole time. Then on the way home he was really bothered by the sound of the freeway (??) and kept saying he wanted to get to the garage (we're trying buddy!) and didn't want to go anywhere else all day. Poop is still funky and he still doesn't want to leave the house. Sorry for all the poop talk but it's important stuff, poop.

So, I don't know if he made contact with those cart allergens or if he's detoxing from his remedies (doubtful that this kind of reaction would occur I think) or what. I'm sure it will pass soon. It just makes me so sad that my little guy is so sensitive that he can get derailed this easily. He was doing SO GREAT. All we can do is wait it out and hope it doesn't last long.

ETA: It was a homeopathic healing reaction, we just didn't realize it because it was our first time experiencing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment