Friday, October 1, 2010

Corn trial and SPICE CAKE

A few weeks ago we trialed organic non-gmo corn and Jack had no reaction. (WOOHOO) The background on corn is that he had an IGE reaction to it about a year and a half ago in a skin prick test - before we started this healing journey. I believe he developed an allergy to it due to leaky gut and genetic modification. We haven't gone hog wild (til tonight) with it but have been including a little here and there into his diet. This afternoon we air popped a HUGE bowl of organic popcorn and settled in for a movie together. Ear to ear smiles filled the room - and my heart!


After the joy of filling my beautiful boy's belly with something so loved I got the urge to bake! I crave fall flavors and spice cake is an absolute fav. You won't believe that this is good unless you try it. I think I'll add some pumpkin puree next time - didn't have any on hand. Jack dug it so much he made sure I cut myself a slice to eat with them. Yes Sir!

1 1/2 cups buckwheat flour
1 cup sugar
2 heaping tablespoons cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 cup vanilla hemp milk
1/2 cup olive oil

Bake in greased 9X9 pan for 40 minutes at 350 degrees. Makes 12 muffins if you wanna go that route.

No comments:

Post a Comment