Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween


Could the difference between last year and this be ANY more dramatic? No, it could not....we had so much fun! The boys were as ecstatic as they were adorable. Jack was the polite and responsible one while Harvey was the.....two year old. Harvey tried every time to take as much candy as possible and then wanted to open and eat them immediately. Ha. I did open an apple laffy taffy for him to which he said yuck! and passed it off to me - should have given him (me) banana. We kept their mouths busy with lollipops and confiscated their loot.


At the end of last week Jack's preschool had a little Halloween party and he was so excited and had a blast. I packed him a special cupcake and gave the okay on a pumpkin shaped jello jiggler. He loved the jiggler (ignored the cupcake) and wore his costume all day! I think this is the first year that holidays have really been memorable for him and preschool has had a lot to do with that. He surprised us with songs:

Mr. Pumpkin, Mr. Pumpkin
Eyes so round, Eyes so round
Halloween is coming, Halloween is coming
To my town, To my town!



And knew to say "trick or treat" AND "thank you" and his excitement set the stage for Harvey's enjoyment of it all as well. He just followed his big brother's lead!

No comments:

Post a Comment