Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Harvey - the "baby"

My boy he's a growin'. A growin' and a changin'. I know it must be so but please please say it isn't !!! No, I do enjoy it. I love and delight in the charisma that just oozes from his every pore. His language is unstoppable and oh so amusing. And inspiring. Last night he was ready for bed and Jack was already asleep in their room so I told Harvey we needed to be quiet going in there. He said "yeah, need be quiet, need tip toe"...I'm not sure if it's the use of words I've never heard from him or the confidence with which he uses them that gets me.


And THAT face. I have a serious case of puppy love for it. I'm painfully aware of the fact that in the proverbial blink of an eye this face, towering over me, will be roughened by beard and slower to give me grins and kisses. Speaking of kissing, you see that chubby jaw line - that's where I plant the most smoochies. The perfect amount of squoosh to bury your kisser in. I will miss that. Someday.

Today I vow to cuddle extra. To drink in the sensations, sounds, and smells of the baby he still is. My Harvey, my baby.

1 comment:

  1. This made me ant to cry. Yes, let's drink in these moments and smooch those chubby cheeks, because someday (I hope never), they may push away when we want a kiss. Or the hugs which we want to linger will get shorter. :( Sigh... Let's enjoy now.

    ReplyDelete