Thursday, January 13, 2011

Jack has a girl friend...

Georgie Porgie pudding and pie,
Kissed the girls and made them cry.
When the boys came out to play,
Georgie Porgie ran away.

At preschool pick-up yesterday, I was informed that Jack and a new little girl (we'll call her E), had been holding hands. E is a tall blonde, with glasses and a hankerin' for our boy. She sweetly put her face in Jack's and asked "will you be here the next time?" to which he responded "I'll see you next week". I coached them a bit and assured them that we'd all see each other tomorrow.

Today her mom said that E told her she's going to have three kids - a boy named Jack and two girls, "because girls are better". I can tell the hand holding is the only base they'll be sliding into any time soon. As we were reading nursery rhymes this afternoon, Jack stopped me at kissed the girls and made them cry and said "we don't kiss girls, I'll smack him in his face". And then he gave Georgie a wallup.

On a serious note: I'm really thrilled that E has taken to Jack. She's very verbal and gentle and seems just lovely. Now let's hope Jack returns the friendliness and doesn't do anything to make her cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment