Friday, February 4, 2011

FOODIE Friday: Soup Edition

Rosemary Lemon Roasted Chicken

Look, I don't particularly enjoy bird handling (washing, drying, rubbing, stuffing)
, but my hard to feed boy eats it with gusto. And I'm a big time soup fanatic so there's something in it for all of us. You can find roasted chicken recipes by googling said words, I simply stuff it with lemon and rosemary, rub it with salt and pepper, and roast it at 450 degrees for 30 minutes and then 350 degrees for another 45 minutes or so, depending on size. Let it stand for about fifteen minutes to let the juices do their thing and then dig in.

Submerge the bird...

If I'm going to do a gut healing bone broth I'll remove the rest of the meat and then start my batch that night. When I get lazy, which is a lot, I just save the whole thing and make a regular broth the following afternoon. I let it simmer for a couple of hours and then strain out the carcass (a word I should really use more often) and add the usual suspects; carrots, celery, etc. Mix things up, make it your own. I added poultry seasoning and a couple palm fulls of wild rice.

I am so going to self medicate with this tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment