Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Allergen Free Orange Spice Muffin Cakes


Yesterday, I stepped outside and got a whiff of orange blossoms. It was bellowing from our three legged dog of an orange tree. I immediately wanted to snarf up the sweet aroma. This is the best I could come up with. And I'm mightly pleased with them.


Orange Spice Muffins

Dry ingredients:
1 1/2 cups of buckwheat flour (or wheat if you can, or blend of your choice)
1 cup organic sugar
1 tsp aluminum free baking soda
1 1/2 tblspns ground cinnamon
2 tsps ground ginger
1/4 tsp sea salt


Wet Ingredients:
1/2 cup hemp milk (or milk of your choice)
1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 tsp orange zest

Mix dry ingredients well. Add wet ingredients and mix just until combined, don't over mix. Pour into muffin pan (I used paper liners) and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.


To make them a little extra special, I made a glaze with fresh squeezed orange juice, powdered sugar, and a pinch of cinnamon. Oops, now they're cupcakes!


And I helped!

No comments:

Post a Comment