Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Coming up for air...

...AND FOOD.

Still busy with my stuff. It feels good to be productive. My toe (while still half numb, GROSS I KNOW) is getting bendy and functional again. Oh yeah, and it was a tumor. A TUMOR was lurking in there all this time. Benign and all that good stuff so everyone (me) can just CALM DOWN. Treatment for this particular brand of tumor is meticulous removal, and my podiatrist hauled me into his office just to assure me that he's confident he got it all.

Since I'm sure you're starving after reading all about my tumor foot, here's a cyber taste of my awesome lunch:

Onion bagel, cream cheese (omg), avocado, s & p

Dipped in tomato bisque. Duh.

And since that wasn't even CLOSE to allergen friendly, here's a recipe that totally is. An easy junk in a bowl meal that we threw together this weekend.

Dirrrty Rice

1 cup rice of your choosing
2 cups good broth
1/2 lb ground lamb
2 or 3 diced carrots
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons dried herbs

I think you can figure out the rest, but just in case... Cook the rice in the broth. While that's doin' it's thang, heat olive oil and throw in your carrots. Once they're beginning to soften, add lamb and herbs. Combine with rice, eat. Fed the four of us. And I may or may not have eaten three bowls.

No comments:

Post a Comment